Saturday, January 26, 2013

A More Simple Life

What exactly is "a more simple life"?

Dictionary.com says -


sim·ple

  [sim-puhl]
1.
easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.: a simple matter; simple tools.
2.
not elaborate or artificial; plain: a simple style.
3.
not ornate or luxurious; unadorned: a simple gown.
4.
unaffected; unassuming; modest: a simple manner.
5.
not complicated: a simple design.


I really like the parts of the definition that says, "easy to understand, deal with, use" as well as "not complicated".  And also based on the above definition, I would like to add:
  • free of clutter
  • free of non-essentials
What are the advantages of a simple life?  The number one answer is TIME.  And why do we want more time?  Of course, it is to do the things that you REALLY want to do, which in turn will bring more true CONTENTMENT. Less is truly more when you can gain the time to help live in the moment rather than waiting for the moment to come to you.  

Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  Take therefore no thought for the morrow;  for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  
Matthew 6:33-34

So, therefore, less is truly more.

(Now, for how to achieve the simple life....hmmmm.....)


3 comments:

  1. Now how is it that I didn't see my name as #2 at least?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true! I long for a much simpler life. My wife and I are moving to a sailboat in just under three years from now, when I retire. I wrote a blog post on our site about getting away from the madness of land-life. http://siochana.us/2012/10/hamster-wheel-daily-grind/

    Mike
    www.siochana.us

    ReplyDelete