Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Post - Moving to a Boat!

It's the first day of 2013, the first day of January, and the first post in my first blog on blogger!  My post is about another first....for me, that is.  Moving......to....a....boat!  WHAT?!  I know.  That's kind of a biggie!

The move is planned for midsummer.  But when you think about it, that is not too far off into the future.    Yikes!  is the word, especially when you consider all the details of my past life AND the details of the planning.

My intention, in this blog, is to chronicle the events up to and then the actual life of, living on a boat.  I'm VERY excited!  I'm VERY nervous!  I think putting it into a blog will help me, and it might help someone else, or perhaps be interesting to read.  We'll see if I get any followers/readers.

So, who out there lives on a boat?  Care to share?

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. In the words of Ricky Ricardo .... "Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!" Moving to a boat? What is that man of yours up to now? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Actually, we have always talked about doing this. In fact, before we moved to Williamsburg, we looked at Marinas and discussed how eventually we wanted to buy a boat to live on and then travel the world!

      Delete
  2. An exciting decision, 2013 is going to be a big, fun year for you and your partner. I'm excited for you. My partner and I did the same thing last year and have been living aboard our 34ft steel yacht with our cat now for over 8 months and loving it. There'll be a big period of adjustment, and some days will be hard, but totally worth it in the long run. Can't wait to read about your journey, keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Sarah. I'm excited to read your journey, also! Are you able to subscribe to your blog?

      Delete
  3. Hi Michelle, thanks for asking, I'm hoping to get my partner to set up email subscriptions to our blog this weekend, i'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete