Sunday, January 13, 2013

SOMEDAY....I'll/We'll ________.




Why is it that people wish and wait to do things? Sometimes, admittedly, it is just not possible. Due to money or due to kids or ...well, actually, you COULD probably still do those things with less money and with kids, but it might not be exactly as you want. Sometimes people are just too scared! They worry that it won't work. Gasp! Then what? LOL Sometimes people worry about what others think. Yeah, that definitely is the lamest of excuses. Who cares? There are lots of people who say that when they retire they are going to get a camper and travel around and live that way. Good for them! Some people say that same thing about boats, did you know that?

As for myself, I just am not going to have much of a retirement. That reason is because when I was married, previously, any retirement that I had we took out and used for bills. Then I divorced and I started all over with saving for retirement. I don't plan on ever retiring, actually. When I become unable to do my job, that is when I will stop. And I don't plan to predict that. I intend to live as I do now....in the present....with some regard to the future, but, not as some people, admittedly.

One never knows when life will be taken from this earth. One also never can be prepared for EVERY emergency and occurrence. Oh, yes, you can try. But where is the line between preparing and obsessing to the point of not living your life to its fullest. Should we be not living everyday to the fullest right now? I believe that we should! As if it were our only and last!

4 comments:

  1. When we were toying with the idea to buy and live aboard a boat, we decided that we either took the leap and did it now or we waited until after we retired and raised the kids. When we retired was just too far away, we didn't wan't to wait. If you want to do something, there's no time like the present because as you pointed out there may not always be a tomorrow. Carpe Diem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I totally agree! I excited to read your blog!

      Delete
  2. There is no promise about tomorrow. I have listened to lectures about equity and planning for retirement and how a boat is such a bad idea. But you only live once right and with life being as it has always been I don't understand people who put all their eggs in the retirement basket. Sure I want a good retirement but no one ever said I'd make it that far for sure so I plan to enjoy myself between here and there some. And besides why wait until you are tool old and frail to enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete